A Request for Prayer
I am asking for prayer. You hear
about how prayer is the most important thing for missions back at school but
when you’re out here you realize how incredibly true it is.
It is insanely challenging for me.
Frustration of language learning, not knowing the language and not being able
to communicate with people, being around people every hour of everyday, not
having energy and needing to use energy, having energy but not being able to
use it because of other priorities, not having any idea what the next day or
even a few hours from now will look like, personality clashes, communication
differences, differences in learning styles, irking habits, and simply not
being in control.
It’s driving me crazy already. I’m
not sure how I’m going to make it through the summer. I will have to take time
to talk with people when we have the time, and get some of this figured out.
The main stressor is how much I am
not in control, (a good lesson for me).
On top of all this, I have this
for credit for class. Which means I have 500 pages to read, reports on whatever
books I read for those 500 pages, A journal to write every day. AND, I have
Greek to keep up with which I am almost three weeks behind on because I have
not had time to do it yet, and the time I have had to do it, I’m exhausted.
Here is a list of things to pray
for:
- · Pray that I can have time to talk with people to resolve some stuff, and figure out some solutions
- · Pray that God gives me strength to deal with things as they come
- · Pray that I can rest when its time to rest
- · Pray that I will find/make the time to fulfill all of my school responsibilities
- · Pray that I can work through my differences with everyone else’s personalities
- · Pray that I keep in contact with God throughout the day
- · Pray that I can get some time alone
- · Pray that I can find some ways to cope and relieve the stress of everything
Hey Tyler, just found your blog - I'll definitely be praying for you and your time there completely. I think you will gain so much because you are wrestling with these issues - don't give up! You represent an awesome God Who is willing and able to see you through and shine in your life. Blessings to you, brother - keep smilin ;)
ReplyDeleteHey bud, I know you're trying and all I can say is keep it up! That's what really counts there, you tried. And your doing the work that many of us only dream about you know if it were God's call for me I'd be on the first plane there, and I still feel that burning sometimes. I pray that God will take that burning from me and give it to you so you can realize the greatness of what your doing, so you can have energy and hope and so you can continue the work many of us have to put off until later. I pray that He give you all the extra energy you need to get done what needs to be done. I'm paraphrasing here but to those who believe in the Lord will soar high on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint Jeremiah(?) 29 -Peace be with you
ReplyDelete