Day 2 – June 4th, Monday, 2012
Today woke up and walked to Poste Italiane to exchange our U.S. Dollars for Euros. The main post office is closed and will be closed for a while, so they opened a metal shack type thing for the city, but that one must have been busy so we went to another one right by the port. Which took an hour. Then we rushed over to La Via and had language learning for two hours. We did our budget, ran to get some groceries to make lunch, came back and made "aglio olio pepperoncino”, or oil, garlic and pepper pasta, which is a very simple pasta dish, with some salad, pear. After that we finished our budget, got bus passes, and then everyone else stayed at La Via while I went with Brian to the airport to get Kelley’s lost luggage which took about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there and back, so I had time to ask a lot of questions and he wanted to hear my background. So we got back and everyone was playing Euchre with some German cards they picked up at the airport in Munich. We packed up and headed out to look for a phone store and went to two and they were all closed. Then we did a practice run using a bus, went to a market, bought some food and then split for the evening and now we are back at Marcus’ house and Aaron and Erik are cooking dinner with him in the kitchen while I write this.
So If I didn’t mention before, you walk, everywhere. Lots of walking, hours of walking, its good for you, I kind of like it. We will have the option to ride the bus today.
We learned the alphabet, vowels and consonants and the sounds they make together, and we learned about masculine and feminine nouns and articles.
No one will probably see this for a week but I am asking for prayer.
I am using this summer to try and work over some things in my head about future ministry/occupation and whether or not I want to finish out my BTh at OCC or get a shorter degree or get another degree all together.
I really need prayer for patience, I am not kidding on this one, the entire city moves a lot slower than I am used to and it causes stress to force yourself to function differently.
I really need to use the remaining hours of the day to relax and vent. So, Buon Sera.
No comments:
Post a Comment