Strength & Peace

"Greet all your leaders and all God's people. Those from Italy send you their greetings." -Hebrews 13:24

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 1 – June 3rd, Sunday, 2012



 Day 1 – June 3rd, Sunday, 2012
Passed out as Marcus was talking to me about something. Not sure what, probably stuff about the apartment. Woke up at 8 a.m. to some massive bee that wouldn’t leave through the windows, so after waiting for a while, I just killed it and went back to bed. Ended up sleeping till 2 p.m. after that. Fine with me after being awake for almost 41 hours straight. We had time to take showers, read straighten our stuff up. We left and went to the La Via (The Way (The Church)) where we met more families that were actually part of the church, we met Daniel and Simona and their son Emmanuel and we met Simone and Mariana and their son Alex, whose birthday it was. We ate lots of great food, (there is no such things as bad food here), pastas, tiny pizzas, salad, olives, chicken and onions, raviolis, cherries, a delicious cookie and a slice of cake for Alex’s birthday. I got to learn a ton of words and phrases today, and I spent a lot of time with Daniel, who is originally from Romania and was so joyful, energetic and happy, he told me his that God made him so happy and that he was happy to be God’s slave because it was not like being a slave of any man’s. He made a joke that God is the recipe for life, when he is in the mix that it will be good. Headed back to the house through Piazza Di Roma and Piazza Di courvre. Resting at home and about to read and go to bed. We have a big day tomorrow, we have to exchange cash for Euros, First language lesson with Francesca, lunch, and then I believe that we are going to a town about 40 minutes outside of Ancona, where many of the pastors from several congregations from the cities and towns are all meeting and discussing issues and strategies. I’ve been reading C.S. Lewis’, “The Weight of Glory”, so I will read some and then go to bed.

….

No comments:

Post a Comment