Strength & Peace

"Greet all your leaders and all God's people. Those from Italy send you their greetings." -Hebrews 13:24

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 3 – June 5th, Tuesday, 2012



Day 3 – June 5th, Tuesday, 2012
Today I woke up and we went to the church for language lesson from 10 – 12. After that we had lunch. Then we cleaned up the church and had about two hours and all of us interns went and got some gelato and went to the Passetto (monument) which is right by the beach, and we relaxed around there for a while, went down the Passetto steps (there are a lot of them) and to the beach, walked along the beach, and then back up the Passetto to look out on the Adriatico. Then we had what Brian calls the “Thirty Days of Excellence”, where for thirty days (not in a row, but over the summer) we have different “challenges” or “tasks”. This first one, we had to get on a few buses, basically to learn the routes of a few buses, and we got to see pretty much all of Ancona, and Brian wanted us to write down observations, so I wrote down everything, stuff about how people dress and interact, how the city is set up, where the bus routes go, what kinds of stores I saw, where the train station was, everything. Then we finished and went back and spent time with Marcus, watched some Italian T.V. and watched “The King’s Speech” in Italian. I learned a lot of words from watching that movie. Watching movies in whatever language you want to learn is a good exercise in language learning. I finished the night with reading and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment