Strength & Peace

"Greet all your leaders and all God's people. Those from Italy send you their greetings." -Hebrews 13:24

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 8 - June 10th , Sunday, 2012


Day 8 - June 10th , Sunday, 2012
Haven’t wrote in a while so I had to back track on the days. Sunday was a simple yet encouraging day. I woke up pretty late, around 12, since we got back around 2 a.m. that night. I studied and read for several hours before Church, doing my Greek, reading for the internship, and reading up on my Greek textbook. Then I headed to Church, everyone else had left already to go run errands. Got to church helped to set up and we started real early, and while service was going, Heidi whispered about a lady that was there that I had not met before. She is a Romanian lady named “ “, and she works as a live in nurse for an old couple, so she only has a few hours off on Sunday, so we moved Church time just so she could just come worship with us, and we had pulled out several songs in Romanian to sing to, and Thursday, Heidi and some of the other women from the Church are going to go talk to her where she works/lives in Senegalia, because she has asked about baptism (I guess she was Eastern Orthodox before), and would like to know more. She has a strong passion for the Lord apparently, and never knew much about scripture or that there is more being a Christian than just religiousity.  So we worshipped with her and she was crying because she was so happy, at this moment I knew my question was answered. When I got here I have been wondering, how relevant, how useful, and how necessary is it for a church plant in Italy, and Ancona of all places. I believe in the work going on here, I have asked the Lord to show me what he is doing here, and I am full and confident in the work here. God gives good gifts indeed.
After this she gave us all a classic Italian greeting as she left (Kiss to the right and to the left of the cheeks). We set up for dinner, had several good talks, cleaned up, broke down, and I had a good talk with Daniel about the great need in the world, we spoke mostly about food and money, but I wanted to get around to the goodness of God that comes through planting Churches. We will have many more talks, and I’m confident that God is raising Daniel up as a leader. So the night was over and we headed back.

No comments:

Post a Comment