Day 41 – July 13th, Friday
Today we woke up and had a prayer
time for Marcus. Heidi, Lindsay and Kelley came over and we all prayed for
Marcus for a good hour and a half or so, then we talked for a bit and headed up
to Brian and Heidi’s house for Accountability. It was a great day. God used our
talk to really teach me some things. Brian had told us that the main focus and
prayer for the interns was that we would be changed by coming here, and that
much of the internship was constructed to frustrate us, to show us the
difficulties of the field and let God use those things to reveal issues in our
own lives and to be changed by that. It was sobering and liberating to learn
that. I still don’t understand what God is changing in me, but I’m sure it will
make sense in due time. Brian also told us that we were asked to present some
music to represent the church at the outreach on Saturday. We had nothing
ready, so I started practicing some songs and decided on two. One is called “Grazie”
which is an Italian worship song, and then I did “Always” by Kristian Stanfill.
We practiced a little bit later on during the coffee house, and we also watched
birds, by Alfred Hitchcock.
No comments:
Post a Comment